Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Long Shadows and Steep Hills - Sunday the 28th of November, 2010

Being back in Hang Hau on the weekend allowed me to head out and tackle another of my old favourite routes. I remember when I first set out on this challenge I didn't know for sure if I could make it, or even if I could get all the way through! The route basically climbs straight out of the valley Tseung Kwan O / Hang Hau is in on the eastern edge and weaves it's way through the surrounding hills to arrive back at the waterfront on western side of Tseung Kwan O, before heading back home again.

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Someone selling doors beside the bicycle path. Rather strange I thought!

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
As I head north the sun is blocked by Razor Hill

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Beautiful (mostly) clear skies after reaching the top of the major uphill section

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Finally reaching the trail section, I head down the initial paved section (right trail)

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Long shadows being cast on hills carpeted with lush wonderful greenery as I wind my way southbound. I was feeling great on this section of the trail and entranced by the mosaic of greens on the surrounding hills all bathed in the golden dying light.

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Village life, halfway along the Wilson Trail section of the route

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Running along a paved section of the trail, floating over wonderful shadows

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
An exposed section of trail, looking towards Lam Tin

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
More views of this wonderful, all-to-short section

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Normally I hate running on cobblestones, but the cooling air and golden sunlight had me cruising these sections high on endorphins!

28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
28/11/2010 Afternoon 20km Run
Most of the hard work done at the start and a nice, fast, flat to cruise home along. All-round, an awesome course.

A great run and not a bad time overall either. I just missed out on 1.5hrs, coming in at ~4mins over. I love being able to switch on cruise mode and enjoy a long scenic run like this. Awesome.

See you in the hills!
~ Joe

1 comment:

  1. Love the commentary, must make a book from this blog l think.

    ReplyDelete