Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Where there's smoke... - Monday the 18th of October, 2010

For the first time in a long time I decided on a get-out-of-bed-and run. The kind where you wake up, take 15mins to collect yourself, then hit the streets. They are a great weakness of mine and every time I head out on one I feel stiff, easily tired and mostly very uncoordinated.

But I went out anyway.

18/10/2010 Morning 10km Road Run
Good Morning Hong Kong

18/10/2010 Morning 10km Road Run
The King George V Memorial Park

18/10/2010 Morning 10km Road Run
The Kowloon Wholesale fruit market still in full swing (Although I think it would have been busier earlier in the morning!)

Cruising along I was having a fairly good run, but as I approached the one solitary hill on the run, I noticed a huge white plume of smoke.

18/10/2010 Morning 10km Road Run

At first I thought it was a burst water main, someone burning something or a traffic accident, but the smoke had a distinctive burnt smell to it, was complete opaque and cleared within 2 minutes. I'm still not quite sure what it could have been, maybe a smoke bomb?

Who knows?! Exciting!

I can't say the run went wonderfully, but it wasn't the worst either. I felt like I lost a lot of time waiting at street crossings but I'll have to go faster next time to make up for it!

Perhaps I won't be able to see you through the smoke?
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment