Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Beating about the bush - Tuesday 5th of October, 2010

The weather looked good, I was feeling fit, my trail shoes were ready... It was time for another jaunt along the Sai Kung coastal-trail.

When I left UST, it was already raining a little, so instead of taking the stairs to the beach and then running the (probably) overgrown path, I decided to head down a path that I'd ran up the first time I went exploring down there.

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Careening down the hill. This trail would be quite nice if it wasn't so steep!

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Flattening out as we head for the coastline.

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Government Land. No occupation, dumping or excavation.... Running through seems fine!

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Grrr... Waist to chest high grass again. Almost impossible to run through and now wet thanks to the light rain.

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Red tags, painted branches and stakes indicate the correct path!

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
A less blurry panorama of the stream crossing, as promised. I didn't stop to find yabbies this time!

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Through the village, along the coastline, towards the hill...

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
The Andriod app "My Tracks" doing quite a good job here. My Nexus One is inside an iSeal waterproof case. The case works great, and you still have full use of the screen when it's inside, calls are perfect to hear, but my voice gets a bit muffled.

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
Flowers beside the road on the gruelling climb back up to UST.

Overall quite a tough run and quite a slow time. I couldn't run at full speed down the hill due to the super rocky trail and steep decent, nor could I while moving through the tall grass and finally, the uphill battle was so steep to reduce me to walking in parts.

5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run
5/10/2010 Jungle Trail Run

This route certainly is interesting, but I wouldn't say it's a particularly good running route. However, it's always nice to run (where possible) in new and beautiful places, so I don't want to complain too much!

See you on the trails,
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment