Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

One Run, One Shot - Monday the 17th of June, 2011

Another weekend without a long run passes, and I'm once again trying to make up distance for my perpetual 40km/week target every day from Monday onwards. My physical and mental state mirrored that of my camera.... battery depleted!

I only got the single shot out of my camera before the battery was dead for good:

20110627 Very Hot Very Hard Lunchtime Trail/Road Run
It's a little blurry, but you can see that this spider's obviously found itself a great spot and caught a feast!

20110627 Very Hot Very Hard Lunchtime Trail/Road Run
The route I ran was half-trail, half-road, and while I was loving the trail sections, by the time I reached the valley floor I was already beat, and worked my way very slowly up the hills!

20110627 Very Hot Very Hard Lunchtime Trail/Road Run
Quite a lot of climbing in this route. Thankfully just about all along roads, allowing my to zone out and keep moving slowly.

Extreme heat, super humid and a fairly tough course made this a really hard run. Even before I started the hills I was contemplating just walking up them. Pretty happy that I was able to stick it out and stay on the run though, even if I was moving very slowly. Can't wait to run in the cold weather in a month!

Melting in the Jungle
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment