Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Enjoying the Ride - Thursday the 9th of June, 2011

This run was another around the long loop I've taken to doing on occasional Tuesdays and Thursdays, but this time I wasn't racing the clock, just out to enjoy myself.

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
Leaving about 10mins later than previous runs on this route makes quite a difference with the sun already disappearing behind the first hills (it always reappears once I gain a little altitude).

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
The setting sun pouring into this valley as I make my way up the first hill

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
I couldn't resist a second shot of these magical rays of light

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
Looking back down the hill I just ran up, the sun makes a reappearance

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
Hitting the start of the trail and almost 1km behind, but I'm not worried about the time today, I was just out to enjoy it

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
The ridgline I run along in the centre of the photo, still sun lit.

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
the dying light picks individual houses to illuminate

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
A dramatic golden skyline

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
A old BBQ site is tucked away in this village, as I turn to start my run up the second serious hill

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
The world growing dark with Kowloon on the left and Tseung Kwan O on the right

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
A super dramatic skyline with many of HK's very recognisable mountains clearly visible. From right to left: Fei Ngo Shan, Lion Rock, Tai Mo Shan

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
A view showing more of the city as Kowloon stretches out in front of me

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
As I continue the trail section, I hit this hilltop that has been completely burnt

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
Finishing the trail section, my watch gives me a ridiculous time, with more sensible 3km behind my best time

20110609 Post Work Easy Road/Trail Run
Crossing back Hang Hau on my way to UST, I snap this photo of Oscar by the Sea

After a hard run on Monday, I really enjoyed this relaxing cruise along this now well known route. Still a couple of posts behind but working on catching up!

Push the downhills, Recover on the flats and Maintain on the hills!
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment