Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Shooting Myself (In the Foot) - Monday the 4th of April, 2011

After quite a lazy weekend, spent mostly at home with the wife, I was keen for a Monday run, so I headed out on my route that descends into the valley via one trail and returns to UST via another. The (so called) double trail route.

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Wet and wonderful conditions for running

Also, as I was wearing the complete running kit (shorts and top) that my sister had given me for Christmas, I thought I should try to take a self portrait:

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
What a lumbering imbecile!

There were also quite a few out-takes:
4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
This is just a couple but I have quite a few others where I only managed to get my foot in the frame (thus the title of this post!)... I don't know why it's so hard to go back and run forward all while counting to ten!!!

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Wet greenery... you can almost smell it

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Lots of low cloud

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
A yellow bamboo stand

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Passing through this village before hitting the trails and slowly working my way back up the hill

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Car bonnets line this junkyard as a makeshift wall

4/4/2011 Lunchtime Hilly Trail Run
Halfway up the hill and starting to gain some altitude back

I cruised back to UST in not a record time (but not a bad time) quite relaxed, despite the tough route and ready for another run.

See you out on the trails
~ Joe

PS. Entries still open to the 100th post give-away... get them in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment