Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

Moving in Slow Motion - Friday the 8th of April, 2011

I wanted an easy Friday run as I was thinking that I would run on the weekend and I was still slightly feeling the effects of Tuesday's exertions. Alas, this was not to be, as hot temperatures turned my all pavement 10.5km route into a slog.

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
Sheoak/Bulloak pods lie dirtied on the ground

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
Even though this route is fully paved / on bitumen, large sections aren't along roads, which is nice

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
A passer-by under an underpass

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
Shadows fall around an unfinished window into a little garden

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
Struggling on the back-roads up the hill

8/4/2011 10km Hot Lunchtime Road Run
Bamboo scaffolding as this buildings obviously await renovation

I felt slow, weak and tired right from the start of this run, and was wondering if it was entirely a bad idea. Luckily my slow tempo helped with the hills, and they didn't feel nearly as bad as I was expecting them to. Certainly looking forward to my next chance to break away from the city and cruise on some dirt trails.

As the 2 Heads track goes: We should drive out of the city... 'Cus life should be beautiful.
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment