Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Rematch - Friday the 11th of March, 2011

Still not quite at 100%, I didn't want to go out fast inviting the illness back, so I decided on a route for Friday's lunchtime run that would involve a fair amount of walking. I suppose it being so steep it requires walking defeats the purpose a little, but a rematch against Razor Hill had been long overdue anyway.

So off I set, up the hill that overshadows HKUST.

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
This little guy was battling his own hills

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
About three quarters of the way up the hill, someone had made a little flat area and a make-shift seat... but what's that over the left, near the edge?

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
What a crazy pair!

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
Broken Dog Statues

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
This one looks more quizzical

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
Back to the trail and trying to include some of the trail-side vegetation to give an indication of the slope (ie. crazy)

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
Looking down the steep hill, which I'd just come up

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
A run-able section with the peak, peaking out just to the left of centre

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
Preparing for the final push to the summit

11/03/2011 Razor Hill Trail Run
The marker at the summit. I climbed up on top of this thing and stood for a minute admiring the view and taking in the world around me. Very calming.

In case you don't remember the craziness of the uphill slope, please check out the last post on Razor Hill. Suffice to say that there wasn't too much running on the uphill parts. Over the length of the 7-8km course though, only 1 - 1.5km of it is up the crazy hill (although, in itself that is quite a prolonged climb), so I don't feel too bad labelling this one a "trail run".

This climb absolutely beat my legs to death, but that's too be expected really, and I wasn't quite back up to full strength. Overall quite a good challenge and one I'm looking forward to completing again!

See you on the trails!
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment