Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

Maximising Trail Time - Wednesday the 9th of February, 2011

Still sick but recovering, I was pining for a little time on the trails. I decided to take it easy out the "double trail" route, running down to Po Lam along my normal route, and back up along the newly discovered path.

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
Heading down the hill in mostly overcast conditions

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
Looking out towards the coast

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
Down past a school in Po Lam

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
These old bikes were sitting on the roadside begging for photos

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
Moss covered boot on the uphill trail. Things age fast here... I mean, hell, I'm almost 30 already!

09/03/2011 Slow & Easy Trail Run
Heading back up towards HKUST. Here you can clearly see that all the stairs are made of whatever material was closest at hand. Obviously the stone and wooden steps are faring much better than the metal!

The run was a bit slower than I expected, but it was nice not to worry about speed at all and just take it as easy as I wanted. Post-run I was super optimistic and feeling great... I reckon it's not solely the endorphins in the system, but being able to return to something I love.

See you on the trails!
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment