Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Waterfront Dash - Saturday the 2nd of July, 2011

Into the final month before I leave Hong Kong now, and the things I need to organise are building up and looming overhead. I have a feeling that, although I'd love to spend a lot of my limited remaining time out on the trails, running will have to take a back-seat to all the organisational stuff I need to do.

A quick run on Saturday, just out along the waterfront and back home, and I thought conditions would be pretty good for another all Black & White session...

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
The nearby student residences as I set out towards the waterfront.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
White cotton rolls through the sky.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
On the waterfront. There's plenty of people around, but I wouldn't call it crowded.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
Looking across to HK Island.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
Reflections underneath the Marine Police Berth.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
A tug boat plows through the harbour.

20110702 Quick Waterfront Paved Run
Reflective curves just catch the clouds as they roll by.

A very easy run, but I never felt 100% comfortable running in the barefoot shoes along the paved tiles. I guess it's going to take me a fair bit longer to really adapt to the barefoot shoes. Soon going to be trading hot and sweaty tropical Hong Kong for cold and wet Melbourne, got take ever chance to get out and enjoy this.

See you on the trails.
~ Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment